Friday, April 15, 2011

Pampas - Final Day

As it was cloudy this morning we didn't do the sunrise...definitely not the worst news I've ever heard..but I don't think I would have like to face the surge of dawn mozzies. We went out swimming in the Amazon, yes the same river with anacondas, piranhas, alligators and caiman's!...so much for no more death defying adventures :) ...it's relatively safe as we were swimming with the pink dolphins, apparently they keep us safe from all the nasties...well I survived anyway. At our lodge there is a gator called Fredericko that visits and is a complete pet, a couple of people were petting him...I didn't chance it myself as I didn't want to be telling people the story of why I only have one arm! Crazy stuff but he seems OK, but he's a wild animal at the end of the day!

After swimming, and jumping from some big tree's, we headed back for lunch, packed and headed back to our starting point..We're all looking so forward to this jeep ride again! We were in the front seat going back, pretty uncomfortable and no seatbelts working...that's Bolivia for you. But all in all it was a great trip with some uncomfortable parts here and there, but we've certainly experienced worse.

Tonight we headed out to the Moskito bar, a cool little bar in Rurrenbaque it was a bit of craic and thankfully we were told our flight was delayed by some of the Irish on the same flight, but we'll double check in the morning.













0 comments: