Saturday, April 9, 2011

La Paz

Not to let Copacabana paint the entire picture of Bolivia we headed to La Paz..."The worlds highest and worst capital" according to Jeremy Clarkson, I'll judge for myself. The trip wasn't too bad I was expecting the roads to be alot worse, but they were actually grant.

About half way through the trip, we had to get a boat across the river and the bus itself went across on a wooden boat! The speedboat we went on didn't have a cover on the engine and as we were last on I got a nice bit on petrol fumes in my lungs...not sure if I'll ever be able to taste anything again!

Arrived in La Paz and went to the Wild Rover hostel, we were lucky as we got the last 2 rooms. Talking to some people and there was a demo yesterday and tear gas had been fired into the hostel and surrounding streets! All is calm again!

0 comments: